I couldn't pick just one for today, these two songs are forever tied in my memory because they both represent being in high school, driving around in my car with my best friend, just wasting time until we could leave and never look back.
The first one is Waiting Room by Fugazi. Yes yes yes, the song that they sold out with, the song that got radio play, the song that isn't a real Fugazi song. Suck it. I don't care. I remember hearing "I'm gonna fight for what I want to be" for the first time and thinking yeah, yeah I am. I'm getting out of here. And I did.
I am a patient boy
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait
My time is like water down a drain
Everybody's moving, Everybody's moving,
Everybody's moving, moving, moving, moving
Please don't leave me to remain
In the waiting room
I don't want the news
I cannot use it
I don't want the news
I won't live by it
Sitting outside of town
Everybody's always down
Tell me why?
Because... they can't get up
Come on and get up
Come on and get up
But I don't sit idly by
I'm planning a big surprise
I'm gonna fight for what I want to be
I won't make the same mistakes
Because I know
Because I know how much time that wastes
And Function
Function is the key
To the the waiting room
I don't want the news
I cannot use it
I don't want the news
I won't live by it
Sitting outside of town
Everybody's always down
Tell me why?
Because... they can't get up
Come on and get up
Up for the waiting room
Sitting in the waiting room
Second, Tom Boy by Bettie Seveert. Different tone, same message
From where I stand, I can see
they've got the upper hand of me
Reminds me of this world at last
Simply changes much to fast for me
And when they call out, will I hear them
And when they fall out, will I see them
This yellow light, on the crowd
and colours way to loud to see
Reveal their drive, we could change it
try to rearrange it
They call me a Tom Boy and I let them
cause only a Tom Boy could forget them
and simply change it
They call me a Tom Boy and I love it
cause only a Tom Boy could stand above it
by simply changing
Friday, February 1, 2008
Tom Boy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe I need to update my DVD collection!
Cheers
you & that crazy music o' yours!
when i hear lyrics they are always more along the lines of, "I like big butts and I cannot lie..."
i think i need to expand my genre's a little more. :D
Post a Comment