Monday, February 18, 2008

I never told you, but...

Friendships have been on my mind a lot lately. I think it is pretty safe to say that my current friends know what they mean to me and I do know what I mean to them. Marissa's post yesterday got me thinking of the friends that have faded, regrets, and things left unsaid. So, while I know they won't see this, I'm still going to take a moment to say what I should have so long ago.

April W. -My first best friend ever. I remember the day I met you, which says a lot because I was all of 7. So much of the good and bad parts of my young life I shared with you. Early crushes, wasted time, and later driving around in my car listening to the music that will always be the best music ever to me.

Cara D. -I miss you so much. I think everything else was said between us. You knew what you meant to me, and I know what I meant to you, and I am so sorry that things wound up the way they did. I take fault. I didn't write, or call, or do anything else to keep you from fading into the distance and now you are gone. I'm sorry.

Jenna B. -You taught me how not to end a friendship. I just couldn't stomach the choices you were making. You kept on putting men before your child. You needed to grow up and stop thinking about yourself. You needed to stop using people. My regret with you is that I didn't have the strength to say this to your face- you deserved me to explain rather than just drift away. Because of you I will never again silently judge those who are important to me, I'll say it to their face if I value them.

Michelle A. -I hope I was wrong about him. I hope you guys are happy. I hope you are OK. I can never forgive you but I will always care about you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go. I'm proud of you. Whether anyone listed ever sees your words is a moot point now anyway. You got them out of you and that's what really matters.

Like I said Saturday, I want you to tell me when I need to hear something. Don't just think it & hope I telepathically get it. I probably won't. Please don't hold back. I mean, do it with respect but please don't think it and mull it over with someone else if you truly think I need to hear it. You are a great friend and I respect your opinion!!!

You were the best friend you knew how or had the ability to be at the time to all the girls you talked about. I'm positive they are all better people today for having befriended you then. Forgive yourself for what you now perceive as shortcomings. {{{hugs}}}

Unknown said...

Marissa said it all. She's so right. You said it and got it out.

I don't think you and I have ever had any trouble telling each other what we think about each other. That's the #1 reason we love each other and are friends. LOL

I'm proud of you for getting this out as I know some of this has been weighing on you for some time. (((hugs)))