Monday, February 11, 2008

*sigh*

45 visits to the gym

2.7 lbs lost.

title says it all.


It's not going to stop me, but man does it make me feel like a failure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah well that's a simple maths thingy. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you're converting one to the other!
Cheers

Marissa said...

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!!!!

Answering Maddy above - fat does not 'weigh' more than muscle but it DOES take up more space. MUCH MORE!! Muscle is far more dense than blobbular fat but even still, 1 lb. of fat DOES INDEED still equal 1 lb. of muscle. LOL ;)

I'm going to send you a pic I found comparing fat to muscle.

Take your measurements. I'd bet your waist is at least an inch or two smaller now. {{{{hugs}}}

KEEP IT UP - YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!

Marissa said...

Long link but worth it: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_photo_gallery_enlarge.asp?edit=true&sid=oN%7E+Fejk%26m%2F%25%5C%29j%21M%60pV%29%5Cp%3DrqU%40Rm&id=1174484

I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Anonymous said...

holy cow M- I think my eyes just fell out of my head. If I have replaced any of that fat with muscle- and I HAVE to had done so by now- then the 2.5 isn't so awful.

Anonymous said...

You are doing GREAT!

I think Marissa's picture about sums it up.

Not to mention, you ARE 45 visits to the gym healthier! You have added 45 visits to the gym to your longevity! You are able to keep up with the kiddos 45 visits to the gym more than you could before!

Think of all of THOSE rather than the number on the scale. After all, if age is nothing but a number - why can't weight?

Unknown said...

Aw hon. ((hugs)) You're doing great!!! You're much healthier than you were before if nothing else. And I bet you have more energy!!