There is always good with bad.
The good: My mom's sister made me cry like a baby at my graduation party. She said EXACTLY what I have needed to hear from a family member for so long. It made me wonder two things; why couldn't my mom say that and how on earth did two such different people come from the same family. My aunt says "I love you" as though her life depends on it. With heart, with soul, with honesty.
Thank you Auntie June. I don't know how you knew what to say, but I really needed to hear that.
The bad from my grad party isn't so much bad as it is annoying. My two faithful readers are well aware of Nate's limited diet and his strict GFCF menu. Mindful of all the treats Nate would have to be denied at the party, I brought him a little bag of cashews which he loves like a junkie loves smack. You know the type I am talking about- little plastic tube shaped bag of nuts that you buy for $.99 at a gas station or drug store. Anyway, I brought him one of those and set it on one of the tables (not the food table, just a table). Carlos' relative N apparently decided that they were just a random free bag of nuts, ate them, and then left the wrapper on the table. Nice, real nice.
It isn't the $.99 nuts. It isn't even that I had to tell Nate that I was wrong, there were no cashews after I had scooped him up and told him he could have some. It is that I just can not understand how someone just presumes that anything they see is for them. OK, I lied. It is totally that I had to tell Nate "sorry" and be the one to see the crushing sadness in his eyes about losing his anticipated treat. It is that a grown person caused that sadness, when there was SO MUCH other food.
Vented.
over it.
nope, still annoyed.
Monday, May 26, 2008
the yin and the yang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay to Auntie! It's always nice to be reaffirmed - its a shame though it couldn't come from those whose words would mean so SO much. :/
So ok, I go to a party and I see a sealed snack size package of something sitting on a table. Would I touch it? Not even if it was on the FOOD TABLE, if there were just one. I would ASSUME it belonged to someone else. I'm sorry Nate got screwed and I'm even more sorry someone couldn't have run and got him more -- not you or Carlos, it was YOUR party but geez, poor kid got his hopes up over something thats nothing to someone else but everything to him. You should have had someone go get him more - and yes, I'd have been annoyed enough to ask the EATER of Nate's snack if they could run & get him another bag. But then again, my ability-to-shoot-straight-from-the-hip balls always have been bigger than yours. It's a blessing AND a curse. {{{hugs to you both}}}
Now I'm tempted to go mail Nate some cashews.
Much Love,
Your #1 Fan ...err, Reader.
(shares title with Ellisa)
I'm so glad your Aunt was there. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet her. I hope that day comes when I do.
Grrr at realtive "N". I can't imagine opening any sealed food at a party just because it was there. I'm so sorry Nate got screwed and this particular realative was plain out rude.
(((hugs)))
**Marissa: you know you better share that title!
Poor Nate and how totally rude of someone to do that!!
*hugs* at least outside was great, and he spent most of the time running around.
I cannot comprehend that either, I would assume they belonged to some kid. It was a fiesta, not a table full of random snacks... one of these things is not like the others... guess he didn't watch any Sesame Street?
Post a Comment