Sunday, May 11, 2008

Today

Today

I am writing

in a style

that is not my own

as a way

to honor someone

whose style

is his own.

I know it may seem odd

to write of a man

on mother's day

and perhaps

even stranger that the man

is not Carlos

but such is the way that it is.


A man has a baby

and today is that baby's first mother's day

but the mother can not be with

her baby because

she died

without

ever

touching her

holding her

And now the man whose style I honor

must carry his wife in his heart

and be

mother.

I have

faith

that he will do an awesome job.


So

to read the story

and share the tears

visit his BLOG

and read WHAT HAPPENED

and spare a kind thought

for them.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

wow. that is an amazing blog. my prayers will be with them all.

Lauren said...

ITA with M. Prayers to them.