Monday, May 12, 2008

New class

not for me (thank goodness!) but for Nate. I went and sat in on the room that Nate will probably be placed in next year. It has been a hard decision, because we were given the option to keep him with the wonderful Ms. Franco for one more year- where both of us feel safe and secure- or to move him on to a full day program- where he will be challenged a bit more and go for a full day. The teacher has a special needs kid of her own, which makes me feel all the more comfortable. She had one of her students give me a tour and sit with me and explain his day to me- which I LOVED because it showed me how much she pushes her students to form normal interactions.

I think this is a good thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great thing. I'm anxious to see how he does and the results from it. ((hugs)) on another difficult decision, momma.