Monday, November 19, 2007

The problem with Rachel


Originally posted March 8, 2007


The problem with Rachel is that she claims to be too old for MySpace. It isn't a real problem...I mean not in the world hunger or starving kittens sense of the term "real problem". The problem with Rachel and her myspace denial is that ever so often I come across a truly amazing song, one that I don't have on CD or cassette or even a dusty record of somewhere. I will hear the song and think "dang! That's a great song! I loved that song! You know who else probably loved that song, Rachel!" And if Rachel were on myspace, she would call me up when she was in the car or something and laugh at me and tell me about how she wore this or that and danced to the song at some club by her university. Or maybe she would tell me that she liked the Nirvana cover of the song better and I would hang up on her but then call her right back so that she didn't think I was actually mean. Or maybe I wouldn't call her back right away, because Nate would have managed to dump an entire box of cocoa puffs into the bathtub or something- and she would be OK with me not calling her back because she needed to clean Cap'n Crunch out of her bathtub anyway. And then the next time we hung out, we could sing Molly's Lips and maybe some RevCo, and then I could write a blog to her about how nice it was never to have to explain where I was as a kid, because she was right there too.



But the problem with Rachel is she isn't on myspace, and I am left to refresh my page so I can hear Molly's Lips one more time. Maybe tell Carlos about it...but then he never really liked the Vaselines.

No comments: