Sunday, July 20, 2008

For your general amusement

oh yes ladies and...well, ladies. Oh, and Marissa ;)
The time has come to reach into the waaaaaaaay back machine, and let you laugh at my expense. At least this time you have my permission to do so. A third volume of very, very, very, very bad poetry has been found.

This first one I am dedicating to Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians, as they summed it up best...

Shove me in the shallow water before I get too deep.

Paintings
A pathetically bad poem by Tiffany Bobek, circa 1990

Fragments of life
Whose only occupation
is to cause
neurotic
individual
perception.



yeah, think about THAT for a while. It was hard to be that deep every day I tell ya, but I managed somehow.


OK, maturing some, this one is actually kind of sweet. It probably would be sweeter if I could remember who it was written for.


My Poem
still pathetically bad, circa 1992

10:03 am
Late for class
Forgot homework
(that I didn't do anyway)
Misplaced my Spanish book
Got yelled at by Miss Gage.
None of this seems to matter
because at 10:03 am
I was thinking of you.


Sweet right? In a pathetic 15 year old girl kind of way.


Last but not least is (fittingly I guess) the last poem I ever wrote. Not sure how old I would have been, but I was well into college and really should have stopped writing years ago. Still, it was the last, and I found it today and it made me kind of happy. I'm thinking it was probably circa 1997ish?

Sublime

In Detroit
the moon is an afterthought
a hiccup in the night sky
not even recognizable as
the moon that I saw with you.

There
the moon filled the sky until
you couldn't help but
breathe it in
There
it filled your lungs
and made you
ache
There
the moon is a tyrant
the moon is a religion.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Deep Babe. Very Deep. I actually really like #3. And #2 is sappy sweet.

Marissa said...

I think I'll stick to being a shallow pond, thankyouverymuch.

I'm dying at your expense. ;)

Marissa
-by way of Toronto, Canada

Marissa said...

**************
URGENT MATTER:
**************

This blog misses you.
I miss you.
Please update the blog.
Please get together
with me soon.
Mucho love.
Mucho miss-o.
~ The Management

**************
URGENT MATTER
**************