It was time that this blog got back to its roots I guess...me dealing with life as a bike widow. As such, here is the latest saga:
I get a voicemail from him last night letting me know
a) he crashed his bike
b) he was at the ER
c) he was OK
d) mostly
e) OK so there is this little elbow fracture
Ah Carlos. Ah love of my life. Ah biking. I call you his mistress, and a cruel mistress you are - to both of us. You take away his time and then this is how you treat him.
On the upside, that amazing man I get to call my husband said this morning that he felt bad because he knew that this meant a lot more work for me while he can't help as much. Pretty darn insightful if you ask me...something I don't give him credit for all that often- so I was very glad and touched to hear it.
I suppose the upside is that I will have him at home a bit more for a while, which I confess will be nice. I'm never jealous of the mistress but sometimes I just miss my man.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Woes of a Bike Widow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
::sigh:: i love that man.
i hope he heals nicely & quickly and realizes what a gem he has in you. sounds like he just might.
Maybe the accident rattled his brain. I hope the damage is permenant if this is the results you get!
Glad he is okay and hopefully it will heal quickly!
so how is it all panning out?
surgery ahead?
Nope! Surgery isn't needed!
Post a Comment