It's been over for a while now, we both know it.
It's not you, it's me. Which is to say...it's totally you. And it's me. We just can't give what the other needs. We both deserve better. I love you, I'm just not *in* love with you. We'll always share the same basic beliefs and values, but I just can't swallow the Dogma any more. And before you get all defensive, no, I have not been tithing to another church behind your back- I just want to make a clean break so I can start looking for "minister right". No more baptisms, no more midnight mass, no more twice a year visits. I need to move on. We both do. You deserve someone who values you for everything you are and do. I'm not that person. Come on, if you looked in your heart you would know that too. I need to find what's right for me, and while I wanted it to be you so badly, it just isn't.
We have had a great run- a long run! Thirty years give or take a few wayward ones. But I feel now like we stay together just because we are all the other has ever known. That's not fair to us. You don't like us this way any more than I do. And so, thank you for all that you have given me. Parts of you I will carry forever.
You know, the title would have been way better if I had decided to leave a couple of years ago. Then it could have been a Dear Pope John letter.
I kill me!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
A dear John letter to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that was awesome (& hilarious!). i know you'll be lead to where you belong - and feel it all the way down to the core. :)
LMBO!! Yep. Marissa's right. You'll find the place.
And this post reminds me of "I'm f***cking Matt Damon" by Sara Silverman (go to youtube if you don't have a clue).
Post a Comment