Sunday, August 17, 2008

So happy together...

A whole weekend of Carlos and I. No bike races. No long weekend rides. Just us and sometimes the kids.

Friday night his parents took the kids overnight (YES!!!) and we went to Canada for a co-worker's bonfire. Good times were had by all. Although I must say that nurse drinking games can be kind of effed up. Got to meet a number of people I hear about all the time and everyone was so very nice.

Saturday, went and got the kids and then drove to my parents place in the thumb for a picnic/corn roast with my brothers and my closest aunt and cousins. My dad is one of 6, but he and his sister Rosie are thick as theives. Her kids are good kids, and we grew up under each others feet moreso than any of my other cousins. Heck, I can't even NAME some of my cousins! Lots of grilled corn, another bonfire, plenty of beer (ick) and kids running around in wide open space. Probably the best visit I can remember honestly.

Now Lydia is all tucked in for her nap and I am trying to decide if I want to tag along on the sail boat this afternoon. I have so very much to do- but the water and the wind is calling.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Forget that other stuff and get on that boat and enjoy!!

Marissa said...

i hope you went on that boat!!!

sounds like a great weekend!

i look forward to your 5pm call tomorrow. i'll drink lots of water around 4pm. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm so very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very...breath...very very very very very very very very very very very glad that you had a great time, especially time together! Sounds like we both had great weekends! *kisses*