It doesn't matter how much you have come to terms with things
It doesn't matter how comfortable you are in your familial "skin"
It doesn't matter that she is the picture of health
It doesn't matter that in your head and heart you already know she is NT
It doesn't matter that her pedi has been saying since she was 6 months old that she is NT
It doesn't matter that the specialists and educators that work with your son all say she is NT
It doesn't matter that just as you love your son, you love her and would take whatever life throws at you
It doesn't matter that ten seconds later she was off doing something else
the truth of it is
that when you round the corner and see her sitting on the floor, spinning the wheels on an overturned toy car you feel like you have just been punched in the gut.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
The truth of it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
(((((GREAT BIG HUGS)))))
I can only imagine how that felt for you. I feel sick and like I could cry for you.
She mimicing her brother. That's a GREAT thing.
I could have wrote this myself but with a different ending.
((Hugs))
Post a Comment